Based in Melbourne, Australia
September 1, 2013
Press / Business contact:
May 28, 2015
Cosmic badger is an auto-runner for mobile that gives you the power to bend time and space with a single swipe. You control a heroic badger delivering a bomb back to his home planet in order to save it from an impending meteor. In order to avoid blowing up, Cosmic Badger must teleport past obstacles and terrain. Swiping on the screen summons two portals, an entrance portal where the swipe starts and an exit portal where the swipe ends.
- Unique and intuitive one-swipe game mechanicPlayers effectively draw the path that they want Cosmic Badger to take using swipe gestures.
- 21 levels of increasing difficultyAs you progress through to later stages, obstacles are placed closer together with coins in tighter spaces, requiring lightning fast reflexes and a solid pattern matching ability to identify the safest route to the end.
- Set across 7 distinctly themed stagesStages include grassy windmill-lined pastures, snowy mountain-sides, industrial wastelands, inside a black and white video, a children's playroom, Oriental vistas, and the majestic Badger Kingdom.
- Collect all 100 coins on each level to achieve a perfect scorePlayers achieve a completion score in each level based on the distance travelled and number of coins collected. Players can choose to look for the safest path possible, or appeal to their inner completionist and risk everything to grab all those impossibly placed coins.
- Challenging and addictive gameplayPlayers will die A LOT in this game, placing Cosmic Badger in the same category of difficulty as games such as Mr. Jump and Flappy Bird.
The idea for Cosmic Badger originated while creator, James, was prototyping an entirely different game for mobile (a game where you control a hot air balloon). One night while falling asleep after a day of working on the game, an entirely different concept of using portals to avoid obstacles emerged along with its one-swipe control system. The notion of using a badger as the main character was inspired from watching a show hosted by UK comedian Harry Hill, which often featured people dressed up in crude badger costumes for comedic value.The Badger Digital team
Badger Digital is a one-man team consisting of programmer/artist/designer, James Reilly. Originally from Ireland, James is now based in Melbourne and has spent over two years developing Cosmic Badger (his first indie game) outside of a full-time job as a web developer.
Official trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Cosmic Badger, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
- "takes the portal gun concept from Portal and crafts it into a completely different experience"
- Tom Christiansen, Gamezebo
- "challenging and addictive"
- Steven Occhipinti, @steveocchipinti
- BernardMc, @bernardmc
Cosmic Badger blog
More information about the journey of Cosmic Badger can be discovered on the development blog http://blog.cosmicbadger.com/.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Developer, artist, designer